Admire all the beautiful Asian-themed Cosplayers during the Cosplay Contest on the Main Stage or participate yourself!
Cosplayers will be trying their best to impress the jury with their stunning outfits and spectacular performances. They will show all their skills and homemade cosplay outfits on the Main Stage to win great prizes. Be sure to check out the Main Stage and encourage your favorite cosplayers!
What is cosplay?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
Participate in the cosplay contest?
Show the audience what you’ve got and grab your moment to shine on the Main Stage of Heroes Made in Asia! Sign up for the Cosplay Contest and compete with the best cosplayers of the Netherlands and even from abroad. Participating is definitely not just for the honor, because the total prize pool is € 1.750,-. Before, during and after the Cosplay Contest, the participants will be judged by a professional jury with famous cosplayers. Good luck to all participants!
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Registrations for the Cosplay Contest are open towards February.
- In the Cosplay Contest, your character must originate from Anime, Manga, Games or pop culture from Asian origin.
- Outfits must not be obscene or offensive, incite hatred or provoke. Nudes are also not allowed. Outfits must sufficiently cover the body. After all, there are also children present. This rule applies to all visitors of Heroes Made in Asia.
- All participants for a solo act must perform an act of maximum 90 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes for a duo act.
- Both your act and your outfits will be judged by the jury. Both elements are equally important.
- The costumes must be homemade. Modified parts are allowed, but the costume may not be purchased complete. Participants can indicate during the pre-selection which parts are completely homemade.
- Genderbend cosplay is possible, but it is important that the outfit portrays the character as truthfully as possible.
- A host on stage will ask you a few questions.
- You can win prizes in different categories, but you can’t register for one specific category.
- The Cosplay Contest will take place on Saturday only.
Meet our first Cosplay Judge! AKrCos is a North Florida Cosplayer that began cosplaying in 2014 and creates costumes and makeup looks based on characters from all forms of media including anime, cinema, comic books, and video games. She is proficient in makeup, sewing, wig styling, armor, and Social Media Marketing. She has been making guest appearances at events for 7 years now. Before cosplay she majored in Nuclear pharmacy and worked for an international modeling agency. Currently she works as a full time Social Media Influencer.
Inspector Lemon Cosplay
Inspector Lemon Cosplay Lemon is a Cosplayer and influencer from North Florida. She creates content from popular anime, video games, and manga series. She is proficient in sewing, prop making, and wig styling. Before starting her journey in Cosplay she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and a bachelor’s degree in English.
‘Hi! My nickname Pugoffka! I’m cosplayer and cosplay photographer from Ukraine, Kiev. I started my photography career in 2009. I’ve been photographing for more than 10 years and have done more than 1000 cosplay photoshoots and I have been a judge for more than 50 cosplay competitions. As I travel a lot, I get a
chance to shoot cosplayers from whole the world. Often on the conventions I hold workshops about photography and editing of cosplay shoots. I like to share the experience that I have gained over the years of my practice with other people. And I hope that my experience will be useful. Also I’m a cosplayer and I like to
cosplay characters from video games.’.