Admire all the beautiful Asian-themed Cosplayers during the Cosplay Contest on the Main Stage or participate yourself! Cosplayers will be trying their best to impress the jury with their stunning outfits and spectacular performances. They will show all their skills and homemade cosplay outfits on the Main Stage to win great prizes. Be sure to check out the Main Stage and encourage your favorite Cosplayers! Please note; full = full!
What is cosplay?
Cosplay is a shortened form of two words ‘costume’ and ‘play’. It is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character. Cosplay costumes are often based on comics, manga, anime, cartoons, video games, movies and tv-series.
Do you want to participate in the cosplay contest?
Show the audience what you’ve got and grab your moment to shine on the Main Stage of Heroes Made in Asia! Sign up for the Cosplay Contest and compete with the best cosplayers of the Netherlands and even from abroad. Participating is definitely not just for the honor, because the total prize pool is € 1.250,-. Before, during and after the Cosplay Contest, the participants will be judged by a professional jury with famous cosplayers. Good luck to all participants!
Important information for participants of the Cosplay Contest:
- Saturday participants must be at least 16 years old.
- Outfits are not permitted to be obscene, offensive, incite hatred, or provoke. Nudity is also prohibited. Outfits must cover the entire body. There are, after all, children present. Of course, this rule applies to all Heroes Made in Asia visitors.
- For a solo act, all participants must perform a maximum of 90 seconds and a maximum of 2 minutes for a duo act.
- The Cosplay Competition only accepts solo and duo entries.
- Duo entries must come from the same franchise/game/movie.
- Outfits must adhere to the I.P. (Intellectual Property) holder’s designs.
- Self-created characters, own designs based on reference material, and self-designed designs are not permitted in the competition, but are permitted on the Cosplay Catwalk.
- An international jury will judge both your act and your cosplay. Both aspects are equally important.
- The costumes for the cosplay competition must be made by the participants.
- On stage, a host may ask you a few questions.
- The Cosplay Contest will take place on Saturday only.